The Vendue Next Door auction is another type of auction that is offered by Venduehuis The Hague. This auction is organised by the team at our location in Forepark, at Oder 18 in The Hague.
Vendue Next Door, or 'VND' for short, is a monthly Online Only auction. The lots in this auction predominantly have a starting price of € 35. Furthermore, the category ‘Vendue Next Door Premium’ offers a premium selection of art with estimates and a higher starting price. During this monthly auction, there is an extensive selection of art and antiques on offer, including paintings, works on paper, European & Asian porcelain, Asian arts, furniture, silver, design and decorative art.
There are monthly viewing days for this auction. These are on weekdays from 10 AM to 3 PM while the Vendue Next Door auction is running (Tuesday - Friday and the Monday on which the auction will close). If you want to be sure there is a viewing day, please contact us via +31 085 043 06 50.
How to buy at VND?
1. Create an account at Venduehuis and log-in.
2. Enjoy the variety of the art objects exhibited online and choose the one(s) you fall in love with.
3. Start bidding. How does the bidding work? When the auction ends 15 (fifteen) lots are closed every 3 (three) minutes. Please note, if your bid is placed on a lot in the final 3 (three) minutes, the auction of that lot will be extended. This extension is 3 (three) minutes from the moment the last bid is placed. When you wish to place or increase your bid you have two options:
- You can place your bid by pressing the 'Place a bid' button and your next bid will be automatically adjusted by the next increase; OR
- You can place your maximum bid at once, by clicking on 'Set your max bid', and the system automatically will place a counter-bid until your highest amount has been reached.
you have won the lot: Congratulations! You will receive an invoice directly after the end of the
5. Purchase(s) can be collected at VND location at Oder 18, The Hague, the next day after auction has been completed. Please note, your purchased item is expected to be collected within 5 (five) working days.
6. You are welcome to come and collect it yourself or we will be happy to ship your purchased item(s) to you by a carrier. Please request a quote here.
At Venduehuis Forepark we offer the following payment options
- Debit Cards at the desk.
- By a bank transfer: IBAN: NL12 ABNA 0608 8865 13. Payee: Venduehuis (please keep in mind it might take a few days before we receive your payment).
- By iDeal
view our terms, auction fees, and any other applicable costs here.
Collecting your lot
Please be aware that if a seller or buyer does not pick up their lot when they have been urged to do so by phone or in writing thrice within a period of two months or longer, Venduehuis The Hague is entitled to sell or auction off this lot, against any reasonable offer.
If the costs of the previous auction(s) (at least € 150 per auction) and any other costs exceed the proceeds of the auctioned/sold lot, these costs are payable by the seller or buyer. Any costs that were already paid will not be refunded to the seller or buyer, in this case.
If the lot has not been retrieved six months after the auction, Venduehuis The Hague is entitled to sell or auction off the lot, regardless of whether or not the seller or buyer has been asked to retrieve the lot.
Vendue Next Door
2491 DC 's-Gravenhage
Tel: +31 085 043 06 50
Tuesday - Friday | 10 AM - 4 PM
Venduehuis The Hague location Forepark is open from Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Appraisals are given at the location Venduehuis Nobelstraat 5 (The Hague Centre). For verbal valuations and/or bringing your art and antiques please make an appointment, to make sure the expert that you want to talk to is available. Please contact the Venduehuis The Hague at +31 (0)70 365 88 57.
The auction house is closed on generally recognized public holidays and anniversaries.